Woodbridge, Virginia home buyers and owners can save money with Energy Star qualified products.
Molly shares a wealth of information in her blog and I thought I would share.
If you are looking for a way to save money, make your Woodbridge, VA home more efficient, or considering going green you can use the FHA 203k Streamline Loan in Woodbridge, VA to finance your Energy Star products and pick up some great rebates.
Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Do you know that more than 70% of the energy used in our homes is for appliances, refrigeration, space heating, cooling, and water heating? Replacing old appliances and equipment with those that are ENERGY STAR labeled can help American families save significantly on their utility bills. Each state and territory has selected its own set of ENERGY STAR qualified products to rebate, based on this DOE list of recommended appliances:
- Central air conditioners
- Clothes washers
- Furnaces (oil and gas)
- Heat pumps (air source and geothermal)
- Room air conditioners
- Water heaters
To encourage customers to buy energy efficient products, ENERGY STAR partners occasionally sponsor special offers, such as sales tax exemptions or credits, or rebates on qualified products. Here is a list of different products you might consider swapping out for ENERGY STAR products in order to earn a rebate in your specific region:
ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer:
- Use about 30% less energy
- Use over 50% less water than regular washers
- Have a greater capacity than conventional models, meaning fewer loads of laundry.
- Cut energy costs by more than a third
- Cut water costs by more than half
- Save $135 each year on utility bills
ENERGY STAR Dishwasher:
- Use about 8 gallons less water per wash
- Use less energy to combat global warming
- Save an extra $40 on utility bills compared to regular dishwasher
ENERGY STAR Refrigerators:
- 20% more energy efficient
- Cut your energy bills by $165 over the lifetime of your fridge
ENERGY STAR Freezers:
- Use 10% less energy
- Save an extra $35 a year on energy bills
ENERGY STAR Room Air Conditioners:
- Use 10% less energy
- If every room air conditioner sold were ENERGY STAR qualified, it would prevent 800 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions annually, equivalent to the emissions of more than 66,000 cars. WOW!
ENERGY STAR Solar Water Heaters:
- Cut energy bills in half
ENERGY STAR appliances help save the environment. Nearly 70 percent of U.S. electricity is generated by burning coal and natural gas, which releases greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere and causes global warming. ENERGY STAR qualified appliances use less energy than conventional models, and help protect our lakes, streams and oceans.
Visit Energystar.gov to find out more about the rebate program in your state and reduce your carbon footprint.