Virginia and Maryland Realtors, Would This Be of Value to You?
I offer a complete property marketing system to my referral partners. Visit www.myrealtorsunfairadvantage.com and give me your honest feedback; would this system be of value to you? This post was inspired by Lenn Harley's post about marketing...
EXAMPLES OF SALES MADE AS A RESULT OF MARKETING A LISTING.
Barry Owen ponders the matter of "marketing a listing". To market or not to market. Of course, the ultimoate marketing activity is listing the home for sale in the MLS.
However, if there is any question about whether or not additional marketing activities or investments help sell homes, my experience is "YES, they do".
1. IDX. My personal condo listed in the MLS (by me) and included in the IDX produced a buyer from NYC who came to town the next weekend and purchased my condo for sale with cash.
2. Brokers Open. A Broker Open held on a Tuesday afternoon for a Balimore County listing was sold by one of the agents enjoying a lunch at the home. She showed it to a buyer that evening and closed in 30 days.
3. Showing Feedback. After showing several homes to relocating home buyers, I received a call from the listing agent seeking feedback. We discussed the home in general and he disclosed that the home was being sold by the owner's sons, local builders and the owner was in a nursing home and they really, really wanted to sell it. I knew what to do with that information.
4. Open House. I've always been a fan of Open House activity. I've sold several homes, my own listings and listings of my agent/broker partners, at Open House.
5. Web Sites. Featuring homes on web sites is a true winner. I feature builder's models and resale homes for sale regularly on the Internet and have sold homes resulting from consumer contacts.
6. MLS Listing. The most important marketing activity is, of course, the MLS listing. Agents who make sure that the MLS Listing is comprehensive, positive and promotional with photos, descriptions, room sizes, helpful remarks, etc. will find that agent showings are the #1 way to sell a home.
7. Blogging. We sold a home in Leesburg directly from a blog post about an Open House. Understanding Google search will bring interested home buyers directly to YOU.
The above are all examples of home sales made directly as a result of "MARKETING" home listings.
Marketing listings on the Internet is good business.
Courtesy, Lenn Harley, Broker, Homefinders.com, 800-711-7988.
Want to learn more about Loudoun County, VA? Join Loudoun County, VA on Facebook!